Friday, January 04, 2008

Mini Madness

New Piu Piu #123 You only had to wait 24 hours for the "surprise". I had to wait 2 weeks.

For the NEW - WONDERFUL MAISON PIERRE HERME DESSERTS MINI COLLECTION!I spotted on Flickr a wonderful photo by ICY NERD of these sweet little dollhouse Pierre Herme desserts and of course I HAD TO HAVE THEM!

I went madly searching all over the web and ended up in Hong Kong!The new set is made by MegaHouse in Japan.#121 Yellow Bird inspects PH chocolatesI couldn't really be sure what size the miniatures were? Would they go with my dollhouse tea set?Hmm...after careful comparative analysis I have to admit that no, they are much smaller than the dollhouse tea set. This "real" package of Pierre Herme hot chocolate powder is 4 1/4" tall versus the miniature is just 3/4" high.

Oh well..on verra bien as the French say. It will all turn out well hopefully.This is Pierre Herme's Fall catalogue, sized 5 3/4" wide by 8 1/4" tall
The tiny life-like PH sac is 2" x 2" You get the picture?

Christine Ferbier mini-confiture LOOK! Even one teeny, tiny jar of Christine Ferbier jam made for Pierre Herme is included. You tell me what the flavour is. My magnifying glass isn't strong enough. I think I need a microscope here.
 
Maison Pierre Herme Desserts Mini Collection You can order your set of 8 boxes of heavenly Maison Pierre Herme Desserts Mini Collection from Angolz.com in Hong Kong and you'll get it in about a week.

Plus Herme is having a contest/lottery for 8 free sets if you sign on before January 18.

At least all the desserts fit nicely on my dollhouse silver tray. Look at it this way - What better way to curb your appetite after the Holiday excess with these non-caloric miniatures?

26 comments:

  1. Well, well, well so that's what it was. I LOVE THEM! Only you could manage to find these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:37 AM

    The paintings of the charming bird I like even more than the miniatures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute paintings. The yellow bird looking into the box looks like he's thinking "They're only that big?". Love them on the silver Tray. Now you can buy faux Macarons & I can't find real ones to taste. What's wrong with this picture??? hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why do I have the feeling each of those cute, and inquisitive little birdies...are standing in for
    you today, Carol?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Those are a riot. I think your paintings are exquisite, but the miniatures wouldn't be very satisfying, I'm afraid! I agree--the little bird looks like he's thinking "is that all there is?" like the Peggy Lee song!! ;))
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun ! I think the little bird is saying, " Nibbles for me, oh boy.":)
    Love the paintings.
    All best, Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! And I always love when the birds make an appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Divine is everything that you share.
    Love Jeanne ^j^

    ReplyDelete
  9. love love your post on them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol :) These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Paris, Many good things come out of Hong Kong :-)!!! :-)
    I like th non calorific version you have here!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:27 AM

    the flavor of the christine ferber jam is confiture ispahan (spelling?)

    kat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous4:28 AM

    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Thank you Kat in Japan :)
    You go the spelling right on Ispahan too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:34 AM

    I loved this morning's work you posted - very fresh!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I wonder if mom could score mesome before she comes? Oh hell, she HAS to!!I love the watercolor!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:09 AM

    I have something for you in The House in the Woods today. Scroll down and you'll find a macaron from Trondheim.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Scale is ALL! You must immediatement search out a smaller doll's tea set! Perhaps the Bernadaud I saw on one of the photos ...nothing but the best for our petite princess! Utterly amazing food art!

    ReplyDelete
  18. charming, charming, charming! (I love that bird...I loved him when he made his first appearance a while ago.) Bonne Année to you...and the bird!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carol! OMG we totally think alike! I just found out about these too! Did you get the complete set? I am eagerly waiting for mine to arrive in the mail!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. They're so cute, I really want to get them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pierre Herme collaborate with lipton. one cute charm is attach to a bottle. 8 kinds of faux sweets (macarons, icecream cake or chocolate) are made for this campaign.

    8tokyo.blogspot.com: Lipton tea freebies! : Pierre Herme collaborate with lipton

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous3:15 AM

    I'm so jealous! Angolz is completely sold out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! Nice to meet you!
    I like macaron too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. They are incredibly cute! Those mini toys such as tea set looks so real but just in miniature size. I wonder how it was made! So detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are just adorable. And even more so is your sweet chick set of watercolors!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you