Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Le musee du parfum Fragonard

Here's something you can do in Paris that's fun, FREE and open every day of the week! Visit Le Musee du Parfum on 9, rue Scribe Metro:Opera You go up a winding staircase (as almost all staircases are in Paris) and you're greeted by endless display cases of...Keep fragrances out of extreme hot or cold temperatures. Antique perfume bottles of every era and material. Historic containers...Was perfume inside of this porcelaine vase?A lighter fragrance is best during warm months because heat intensifies a fragrance. A toiletry set to dream on...It is best not to try more than 3 scents at one time.A little something for your purse..When purchasing a new fragrance, take a coffee bean with you to sniff before smelling each new fragrance. Or pocket..?And wait until it dries on your skin before making a decision. After room upon room of perfume paraphrenalia you go downstairs and get to choose from Fragonards vast selection.Your body chemistry will change the scent. Or you could don this chic jasmine gatherer's outfit, run out the front door, grab a train to Grasse and go pick your own perfume.
You choose!
BONNE JOURNEE

14 comments:

  1. Ooh. Do the scents linger ? When you walk into the museum I mean. Can you smell remnants of history in these little bottles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 AM

    very lovely!!!
    When I was in St. Barts they had a lovely parfumerie where one can purchase perfumes that would take on a personal fragrance when applied to the skin--as skin warms up--they essence changes.
    Have a lovely day.
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:44 AM

    It looks like a gorgeous museum and perhaps much overlooked.
    Merci!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your painting. I've always loved perfume bottles and combining it with a vase of flowers is so Romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carol, how fun!! I'd have loved to have gone to do that with you! You'd have helped me on my quest. These are beautiful! Love the painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to say that I love your site and your paintings are gorgeous. I've just done a post on chocolat croissants and PAUL and have mentioned your lovely blog & your post on PAUL. Happy Wednesday!

    Trina
    la la Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:03 PM

    Carol,
    I have to tell you first of all that you brighten my every day with your witty and beautiful Paris Breakfast.
    Merci

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous4:05 PM

    IF I HAD THE BUDGET, MY HOME WOULD BE FULL OF YOUR WATERCOLORS! ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous4:05 PM

    IF I HAD THE BUDGET, MY HOME WOULD BE FULL OF YOUR WATERCOLORS! ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9:26 PM

    I play French perfumer each summer when my lavendar blooms. I put on my cleanest wellies, my best white goatskin gardening gloves, grab my trusty Felco #6s and wash out the trug and venture forth into the far back garden at Longears, Ozzie romping by my side, to gather lavendar. Then I spend days in fragrant weaving, making lavendar wands. Sadly, the drought of 2 winters past killed my lavendar (my soil and climate are really not suitable for lavendar) and I have yet to replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, le parfum! It's something so French!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carol...

    Looks like you are back in France, n'est-ce pas?? I just got back from a month in So. Cal!!!! Yahhoooo... it's great to be back home in France.. Hope you are having fun... Take care, Leesa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh more perfume bottles please. You paint them so well.
    I had a fabulous one my grandmother gave me. My cleaner knocked it off the fireplace and broke it. I still have the top :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd be a jasmine gatherer any day if I could don that outfit! C'est Tres Chic!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you