Monday, December 01, 2008

"Cha Cha?"

Airdale dreams,watercolor on Etsy, 5.5" x 7.5

Now for a little silliness because...

...well just because.
If you're into big rambunctious dogs, then go to Chateau Chantilly vite! Being mainly a "hunting" chateau with a huge emphasis on les chasse, there are hounds of all sizes all over the place. Hotdog dreams,watercolor on Etsy, sold 5.5" x 7.5 Not a big rambunctious doggie...ahem Ah Ha! Oui, un grand chien, again at Ch. Chantilly. They are both inside and out. Back in Paris, this time inside the Carrousel du Louvre shopping mall, a "doggie" bank I was flirting with but resisted the last minute.. Last seen in the 13th arrondissement, this Parisianne Poodle! Need I say more? Seen at the Bastille Brocante, another HUGE oversize, fierce, rambunctious hound... A little yappy dog, that I was allowed to hold, while it's owner went into Gerard Mulot for a pastry - YUM (for the dog I mean) My secret ambition? To be a Paris dog walker!
NO DOGS ALLOWED! in this fromage shop? Pourquoi? This is France n'est pas? In the METRO, dogs are allowed. YAY! And not just one doggie... Regarde TWO tres bien elevee chiens! (very well behaved dogs) And now for the bone of contention... In his interview with ABC's Barbara Walters, Barack Obama talked to her about her dog and his own puppy preferences. Politico reports that the host actually sent the Obama's a photo of her pet, but it doesn't seem to be the President-elect's type. Obama: "Cha Cha?" Barbara: "It's short for Cha Cha Cha." O: "What is a Havanese?" B: "It's like a little terrier and they're non-allergenic and they're the sweetest dogs.." O: [Face suddenly changes.] "It's like a little yappy dog?" Michelle: "Don't criticize." O: "It, like, sits in your lap and things?" M: "It's a cute dog." O: "It sounds kinda like a girly dog." M: "We're girls. We have a houseful of girls." O [with hand gestures]: "We're going to have a big rambunctious dog, of some sort." BONNE JOURNEE!!!!

20 comments:

  1. Adorable post and paintings. Love them both but the first one stands out to me. I saw that interview with Obama about the dogs. Is this dog for HIM or the GIRLS ? he promised a dog to. Maybe they need two dogs, one for his male ego and one for the girls. LOL
    It was rather funny tho.Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your artwork and I try to stop by every day. I missed the Obama interview, but I'm loving the New Yorker magazine cover. Thanks for posting that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have seen my husband's face when we went to the restaurant with the dog! Priceless...and everything was just fine. Ah...zee french poodle...sorry cracks me up eveytime I see one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me and dogs just don't hit if off :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:58 PM

    What lovely doggies!
    But they don't seem to know what to do next with those pastries...
    Et après???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:00 PM

    Trop mignon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:01 PM

    Adorable post!
    And I LOVE DOGS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:02 PM

    OMG, this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That first painting is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:07 PM

    I LOVE your Doggie posts Carol and your paintings are totally yummy and ADORABLE!!!! Thanks for this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. J'adore your dog painting. And, I am with Obama, no to Chacha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, the President-elect is interviewing dogs for First Dog? I asked Maxie, he says that he is he-dog enough not to even think about sending in his CV, as long as the First Dog position is not elevated to Cabinet level! *woof*

    Your dogs are sweet, especially that Maxie-look-alike. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These dogs look so funny! Welcome back !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute puppies. Love the Airdale. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous9:21 PM

    My favorite part of the Obama interview was when Barbara asked him if lots of people had sent suggestions on what kind of dog to get and he replied, "more than suggestions for the economy" ....or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. YES! Jeanette...I was sorely tempted to include that tidbit...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous2:32 PM

    Wow, very adorable paintings Carol! I'm a doglover and have 2 dog-hters myself, they are priceless :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous7:56 PM

    I'm so sad you didn't call me when you were in Paris. I really wanted to get a couple of your paintings
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hooray for a big, rambunctious dog! LOL! I just got home and now I will have to search through all our stacks of mail so I can find my New Yorker with that cover. I love it! Your Airedale is fabulous here! When I first dated Eric's dad, years ago, he rented a house from this sweet little old lady (who was a Steel Magnolia type) and she had an Airedale named "Rip." Cutest dog...

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you