Thursday, April 08, 2010

Art-Paris

When you go to Art-Paris you can shoot everything in sight. It's a huge art fair format of international galleries displaying contemporary works set in the Grand Palais. A gorgeously sunny day, so though you're inside, it feels like you're outside. Normally inside a Parisien galerie if you pull out a camera, they pull out a gun.Here you have carte blanche.
An art stalker's dream.
I was intrigued by different gallery setups in each space - this one is extremement minimal. Not so crazy for this gigantic upsided bug.
 A classically French artwork...
Fore and aft.
If you're going to eat lunch in full view wear a crazy getup.
This gallerist has all the essentials:
Sandwiche - check
Coke - check
Le Monde - check
Artsy Eames chair - check
Art exhibit - check
Bear along for the ride, announced he was getting ras le bol,
He sat in the leopard cacoon-thing and he did.They could care less.
Bear's fav artwork at Art-Paris
An objet trouve that appealed to me.
Macarons have hit the art circuit big time.
I seem to browse this artwork every single time in Paris at La Grande Epicerie. I should break down and taste these brushstrokes.
BONJOUR ART-PARIS!

24 comments:

  1. Justine8:26 AM

    ROFL!!!
    PLEASE keep going to Art-Paris
    or just to PARIS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't the design on the last cake remind you of bacon and an egg over easy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab, fab, fab!
    Carol, you are over the tops these days,
    in a very good way. :-)
    Could you please hand me that salade, now, pleease?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic. as usual! Don't you think the man in the "crazy get up" has Sonia on his mind....with that striped hat! Merci, once again, you are the "fly on the wall" for me in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun fun fun !!

    I wonder if all that light fades the paintings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. art-paris is art-heaven.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like such a fun day! I love stuff like this :-) Well...maybe not the upside down bug or the other scary pics, but a sunny hall with lots of art & maybe a cute Frenchman to stalk...sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. match-maker12:09 PM

    did you happen to get Classic French art work's tel. number?
    Not-2-b-missed!
    Miam...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonjour, Carol--
    I love this!
    You are so fantastic!
    Merci beaucoup and love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see bacon and a single fried egg too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fascinating post! I always enjoy reading your comments and wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. William Ternay, Jr.1:34 PM

    Carol
    I know you have wandered the aisles of Art Expo, at the Javits Center.
    Compared to those expos, which always seem so overly crowded with
    "Art Stuff," this Expo seems so airy, open, and inviting.
    Thanks for the aesthetic adventure.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know.....the place is so spacious it seems overwhelming...just me I guess.
    The opening shot sure gets your attention, ahem......

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely amazing stroll, the light, the people, the art...nothing like it in the world...even from an armchair, I can tell that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patricia4:31 PM

    I just started reading your blog and posts - you are fabulous!
    I was enchanted by your watercolors.
    All the best,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Old Clothes5:12 PM

    Wow, these are incredible!
    would love to have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Miss Pink5:13 PM

    nothing like Classical French artworks = ze best!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Foodwalker5:14 PM

    I love the simplicity too
    Lots of air and space
    Great for ppl watching!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know, but I think the figures in the photo look more like they are coveting the gallerists...as dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Chef Daniel10:35 PM

    Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Art Paris c'est parfait !!

    amicalement,

    Manon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous6:48 AM

    loved the scouring pad chair and the macaroons of course.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Grand Palais is worth a visit already for the roof / ceiling!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you